Ms. Blanchard was born March 1, 1978 in Dallas and is a graduate of the Class of 1996 at Cedar Hill High School.
Ms. Blanchard earned her bachelor’s degree in political science (cum laude) from the University of North Texas in 2000 and her J.D. from SMU Dedman School of Law in 2004.
While an undergraduate, Ms. Piazza was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, Golden Key Honor Society and Alpha Chi Omega Sorority.
During her senior year at the University of North Texas, she was selected as a student intern for the United States Federal District Court, Northern District of Texas in Dallas. Ms. Piazza was also a recipient of the Best Oral Argument award in the 1999 University of North Texas Moot Court Competition.
In law school, she was Director of the Jackson Walker Moot Court Board, President of the Family Law Association, a member of the Board of Advocates and Student Liaison for the Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section.
Ms. Piazza was also active in the W.W. Caruth, Jr. Child Advocacy Clinic, participated in many moot court, mock trial and client counseling competitions and was an active volunteer for the divorce prove-up clinic of the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP).
She is a member of the Dallas Bar Association, the Collin County Bar Association, the Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA), the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL), the Collin County Young Lawyers and Bench/Bar Foundation, Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association, Dallas Women Lawyers Association, the Collaborative Law Institute of Texas, the Collaborative Professionals of Dallas, and is an associate of the Annette Stewart American Inn of Court. She serves on the board for the Collin County Young Lawyers Association, Dallas Bar Association Equal Access to Justice and Pro Bono Committees, Collin County Bench Bar Foundation, and is a Fellow of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers. Ms. Piazza is also a member of the Junior League of Plano.
Since 2006, Ms. Piazza has been selected as one of the Rising Stars of family law by Law and Politics magazine and Texas Monthly magazine. Ms. Piazza has written for and spoken to law groups on many topics including the following:
- Speaker, Alimony, Maintenance and Temporary Spousal Support – Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar (2006).
- Co-Author, Defending and Enforcing Old Child Support Claims – Marriage Dissolution Institute (2005).
- Contributing Author, What to Expect in Texas Family Law Court – The Texas Young Lawyers Association (2005).
- Co-Author and Speaker, Working With Divorce Clients and Opposing Counsel – Half Moon LLC (2005).
- Co-Author, Family Law Update – What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You – General Practice Institute, Baylor University School of Law (2004).
- Co-Author, High Tech Evidence, Websites, Hardrives – State Bar of Texas Advanced Family Law Course (2004).
- Co-Author, High Tech Evidence, How to Find It and Get It In – Law Education Institute (January 2004).
- Co-Author, Opening Statements and Closing Arguments – Family Law: Ultimate Trial Notebook (December 2004).
- Speaker, The Practice of Family Law – SMU Dedman School of Law (2004).
- Co-Author, Responding to Discovery Like You’re Supposed to Under the Rules and What To Do If You Don’t – Family Law Course (August 2003).
- Co-Author, Creative Discovery – Family Law Drafting Course (December 2002).Koons Fuller
5700 West Plano Parkway
Plano, Texas 75093
Voice: (972) 769-2727
Fax: (972) 769-0313